A deposit of 25% is due when this agreement is signed, and the remaining balance ( 75% ) is to be paid one month
Additional expenses: By default, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will cover travel, accommodation, and transport cost unless otherwise stated. THE CLIENT is responsible for providing a meal to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY or compensating for one.
For further details regarding price and fees, please reference your proposal
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing, and provided all the relevant parties sign the document.
2. RESERVATION: Upon your signature, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will reserve the date and time agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the reservation deposit of 25% is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason. The reservation deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The reservation deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not reserve the wedding date and time agreed upon until both the 25% deposit is made and THE CLIENT signs this contract.
THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due one month prior to the wedding date. THE CLIENT has the option of making incremental payments up to one month before the wedding date. If THE CLIENT fails to pay the remaining balance two weeks before the wedding date, an additional 5% (of the remaining balance) fee will be added to the balance.
3. CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before the wedding ceremony takes place, the deposit will be forfeited. In addition,
- If THE CLIENT cancels wedding at least six months before wedding date and other potential clients have not inquired about the same wedding date, THE CLIENT will not need to pay the remaining balance to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY.
- If THE CLIENT cancels wedding within six months of wedding date and other potential clients have not inquired about the same wedding date, THE CLIENT will need to pay 30% of the remaining balance to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY.
- If THE CLIENT cancels wedding (regardless of six months before or within wedding date) and other potential clients have inquired about the same wedding date, THE CLIENT will need to pay 60% of the remaining balance to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY.
- If THE CLIENT postpones wedding to a future date that COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY is still available to photograph, an additional fee will be added to the remaining balance, set by COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY.
- If THE CLIENT postpones wedding to a future date that COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY is not available to photograph, a photographer will be suggested to photograph THE CLIENT’s wedding.
4. PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date in order to finalize the actual shooting times and locations.
5. EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s). THE CLIENT should send a detailed itinerary and list of names for the formal shots to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY one week before the wedding date.
6. 60 MINUTE WINDOW: THE CLIENT agrees to set aside at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the wedding ceremony and at least 30 minutes afterwards for photographs that cannot be obtained during the ceremony or reception. The 30 minutes following the ceremony includes group photographs. If either the bride or groom’s late arrival (or any other reason outside of COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY’s control) prevents this 60 minute window from occurring, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs.
7. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY recommends that THE CLIENT designate an "event guide" (see PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION above) to point out important individuals to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY, whom THE CLIENT wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
8. SHOOTING TIME/ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the getting-ready, ceremony and/or reception start late due to any reason whatsoever, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
9. HOUSE RULES: COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT's responsibility; COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will offer technical recommendations only.
10. DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS, and COPYRIGHTS: The photographs, digital negatives, and prints produced by COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY’s explicit written permission. Upon final payment by THE CLIENT, limited copyright ownership of the resulting images will be transferred to THE CLIENT under the following conditions:
- The negatives and/or slides are the property of THE CLIENT for personal use and for the purposes of the reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives.
- THE CLIENT must obtain written permission from, and compensate COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY prior to an event where THE CLIENT, THE CLIENT’s friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will only deliver JPEG and not RAW files to THE CLIENT. If THE CLIENT wishes to obtain the RAW files, they can be purchased from COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY at a price of $500 (includes engagement session, wedding, and/or rehearsal coverage photos).
11. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to the photographs taken by COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. It is agreed that COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in malls, photography books, photography instructional books, store fronts, window displays, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising, and any other purpose thought proper by COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not release any personal or personally identifiable information without express written consent of THE CLIENT. This includes but not limited to THE CLIENT’s address, credit card information, phone number, and surname. First names of THE CLIENT may be used as descriptions for advertisement described in this paragraph.
12. GUEST COOPERATION: THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and cooperation to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. THE CLIENT should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there is no conflict in times. In addition, events during the wedding day should be planned to make the best use of time from all vendors. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY, it will result in the early or immediate departure of COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
13. PROFESSIONAL IMAGE MANIPULATION: COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will allow for limited professional image manipulation (if technically possible) on a certain number of images of THE CLIENT’s choice. This includes whitening of individual’s eyes and teeth, red eye removal, de-ageing, color correction, special effects, portrait glamorisation, etc. This does not include adding and removing individuals. Detailed editing and retouching will require additional fee on a per image basis. It is understood that if a technicality prevents COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY from performing requested image manipulation, or if a technicality prevents the final result to meet THE CLIENT’s requirement, THE CLIENT will reside with the fact that COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY has performed to its best ability with regard to the specific task and that COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY has no further responsibility towards said image manipulation.
14. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: The printing process can only start once COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY receives the order list for the required images. Digital processing takes approximately 2-3 weeks. Enlargements 3-4 weeks, and regular prints 1-2 weeks or possibly longer depending on when THE CLIENT provides the necessary information to COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. All prints credits are non-refundable. THE CLIENT has up to six months after the wedding date to use all available credits, if any. After six months, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY reserves the right to either claim the credits as expired or extend their validity duration by a mutually agreed-upon length between THE CLIENT and COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY. The DVD of high-resolution images, if part of the wedding photography package, will be delivered upon the completion of edits.
15. METHOD OF REMUNERATION: Payment may be made with a credit card online (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) or a check to “COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY”.
16. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL: COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY's discovery of new information, changes to agreed circumstances, or other factors that tend to circumvent its policies may result in its withdrawal. Non-cooperation, changes in locations, facilities or available times, missed appointments, and late payments are examples of contributing factors. Should COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY initiate the withdrawal, all fees will be returned, excluding deposit as well as fair market value for all services and products already provided.
17. CARE OF DIGITAL NEGATIVES: COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’s photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals. In addition, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not be responsible for holding onto the digital negatives a year after the wedding. THE CLIENT is responsible to order all products agreed upon in the contract, which includes but not limited to albums and prints, within that time frame. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY encourages THE CLIENT to make multiple back-ups of the images upon receipt of the files.
18. NON-GUARANTEE: Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding, COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above. COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests’ (or any other) flashes, or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY’s control.
19. PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or conditions beyond its control.
20. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
21. MENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognized as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated, and signed by THE CLIENT and COCO MCKOWN PHOTOGRAPHY at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognized as amendments to this contract.
I have read and understood the terms above. I hereby agree to the terms of this agreement.