Where I Throw it All Out There
So I’ve been seriously slacking on this here blog but it’s good! It means I’m busy and happy and just plugging along. So this post is going to be one of those “stream of consciousness” (totally had to spellcheck that, btw) posts.
1. Work is going great! I’m really liking my job, I’m picking it up sort of quickly and feel like I’m making a difference already. I appreciate my boss and her guidance and that’s good because I’m going to be spending a lot of time with her the next week.
2. I’m going to be working a lot of nights pretty soon but that’s ok because it means my weekends are always open. What a luxury that is!
3. Well, except for Sundays when we have the church choir gig going on. We had our first rehearsal last Sunday and I was a little disappointed in myself because I don’t feel like we had a grasp on the situation. But it just means we get to try again this Sunday. We’ve never done this before and it sort of showed but we worked on stuff tonight and I know next week will be better. No one said we would know it all in a week!
4. The house is all decorated for fall and I love it. The weather dropped 50 degrees in a week. Nope, not a typo. Last Monday it was 117 here and it was about 65 degrees here today. What the hoo-ha hell is going on around here? I’m totally not complaining because I love this weather and wish it to stay (sorry weather! Don’t be mad and run away!). I can’t tell you how awesome it was to turn on our oven tonight and then actually stand next to it for more than a minute before running away.
5. We have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming months. I got into “Scrooge” at the local theater and can’t wait to work with my friends again. The children’s church choir. Work. Halloween parties. Christmas parties. Oh! My mother-in-law is coming for Thanksgiving which is going to be really fun. So yeah, lots of stuff to get excited about.
6. Pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins. I love them. In all forms.
7. I got to second shoot an absolutely gorgeous wedding with my friend Lyndsay this weekend. How much fun was that? SO much. And because I don’t like posts where there aren’t any pictures, here’s one of my favorite shots of the night, straight out of the camera:
Gorgeous couple, gorgeous night.
8. Something I have refrained from telling a lot of people is that I started training for a half marathon! My dad and I are going to run the San Diego Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon next June. I’m so excited and I’m really excited we’re going to do it together. I’m starting out so slow, a 5k next month, a 10k in April and the half in June. I’m trying to look for other races in the area that line up with my schedule which is a little tricky since we have to be at church every Sunday.
What about you? What great exciting things have been happening for you?